Training camps open around the NHL on Thursday after another short offseason, a third in a row squeezed by the pandemic. That doesn’t bother Colorado Avalanche star Nathan MacKinnon one bit. For one of hockey’s best players and his teammates, it’s already time to get back on the ice and defend their Stanley Cup title, less than three months since they knocked off the back-to-back champion Tampa Bay Lightning. “I still feel like I just was playing,” MacKinnon said. “I took two weeks off, and then I started skating again. It’s just fun. I enjoy it, and I like the short summer. It feels like the season’s just kind of rolling over again.”
Training camps open around NHL after another short offseason
More from Daily Local News ArchivesMore posts in Daily Local News Archives »
- Presbyterian Church tries to make amends for racist policies that closed a Lingít Church.
- Monkeypox cases on the downturn in Alabama, health officials encourage vaccines
- Accused subway pusher Clarence Anderson ordered held on bail
- Quote Of The Day, October 6, 2022
- Revised ‘Dreamers’ program to get another review by court