The first year of Donald Trump’s presidency, I interviewed a 78-year-old man who regularly patrolled his border-adjacent property in the rural California town of Boulevard, wearing a bulletproof vest and carrying an AR-10. “It is my duty to protect my country from people invading it,” Bob Maupin said.
Imagine if white vigilantes, ‘illegals’ united for common cause
More from Daily Local News ArchivesMore posts in Daily Local News Archives »
- Biden’s strategy to end hunger in US includes more benefits
- Massachusetts man, woman held without bail in kidnap for drug debt case
- Braverman hits out at police force for ‘identity politics’ in defence of paedophile online | UK | NewsBraverman hits out at police force for ‘identity politics’ in defence of paedophile online | UK | News
- Removing debris from Juneau landslide could take days, city says
- Creators of new opera "Touch" visit Helen Keller's birthplace